Health & Fitness Chiropractors full of crap?

Rob Lay

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is very interesting. I'm open minded, I haven't been in a long time. I had a bad experience in High School went in for problems lower back and then my shoulder ended up hurting twice as bad.

digman1

Reaction score
My right hand man at the office had a really bad back 10 years ago, and couldn't play golf. He's a single digit guy, so wanted to get back out there. He went to a chiropractor and got immediate relief.

My daughter was on a family cruise, and had a massage the day before we got off the boat. The next night, back home, she awoke in intense pain, and the paramedics had to carry her downstairs in a fetal position. They got her to the hospital, and shot her with some steroids, and it all calmed down. Scary though.

Rob Lay

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
interesting, I've heard it really helping people, like bass fisherman with back problems. I think for my bulging disk C5/6 a gravity type traction system would probably do the most good though.

digman1

Reaction score
My dad was in traction at the hospital for 30 days once. He then had our shop guys build a bed for the house to do the same.

Rob Lay

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
My dad was in traction at the hospital for 30 days once. He then had our shop guys build a bed for the house to do the same.

I really need to do it! I haven't had pain for 5+ years (which when I do have it is like 8-9 level out of 10), but like last week looking at my golf swing I think my body has guarded itself from the pain by allowing much less flexibility.