Lifestyle favorite adult beverages?

Rob Lay

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
what are your favorite adult beverages for different times?

Rob Lay

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
Old Fashioned's - at restaurant bar out with friends or starting the night off house party when there will be extended drinking.

IMG_2148.jpg

Single Malt Scotch - sometimes at bar as alternative to an Old Fashioned, but this is my favorite "I drink alone" at home during the week when you are just having 1 or 2. This was my dad's favorite drink and I do this to honor him and just have some "me" time.

IMG_2152.jpg

Beer - my "middle aged" gut can't handle too many beers, but I still enjoy them. :) I especially enjoy beer outdoors and when hot. also if the drinking goes later and I'm "done" with the whiskeys it is a good way to slow down without stopping. :D

EA1C1A2C-AECC-460D-890E-E17F92030B85.jpg

Wine - I'm not much of a wine drinker, but is fun every now and then with fine dining.

Some honorable mentions will try a bar's specialty cocktail if looks interesting. Nothing too sweet and like the spicy trend in cocktails lately. I've also adopted my mom's current favorite drink, a Lemmon Drop Martini, but making it strong not sweet.

573DA8EA-E9A0-458C-BA41-E7059416795D.jpeg

digman1

Reaction score
Macallan 12 Scotch is my go to drink. The problem is that the price has gone from the $50 range to $75 because of tariffs being put in Scotch from Scotland / Ireland. Evidently they are supporting Airbus and not Boeing in the EU.

I have done 4 Macallan tastings, and what I like best is they said drink it like you like it. Don't believe those that say you have to drink it neat. I like that attitude.

Macallan also tells the group that they sell their sherry casks to Famous Grouse, where their scotch spends the last 6 months.
For less than $30 for a 1.75liter they damn near are giving it to you.

Rob Lay

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
OK, post some pics up your latest favorite drinks (or brands)!