Health & Fitness are vitamins worth taking?

Rob Lay

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've taken vitamins off and on in my life, but not really sure they make a big difference.

Harvard says no.

Also the the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force in 2014 recommended against daily multivitamins for otherwise healthy individuals.

I've never "felt" positives or negatives either way, but if doctor says I'm deficient in something, I take their advice with supplements.

GOT

Reaction score
I can say that when I stop taking my glucosomine/condroitin my knees can tell in less than a week. I take a lot of other supplements too, but those are the ones I can personally certify make a difference for me.

E.T. DENTIST

Reaction score
I take several supplements. As a health-care provider, I take what I know is best for me. I take them for prevention. If you take supplements don't expect them to be a miracle cure.

RexTX

Reaction score
I used to take multi-vitamins, until I read several studies that showed little or no benefit.
I do take Vitamin C & D, as well as zinc to boost immunity.

I also take a few supplements - NMN and Resveratrol primarily

Rob Lay

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
maybe file it under doesn't hurt, but maybe doesn't help that much either unless you are really deficient. :)

RexTX

Reaction score
I'd say so, in the case of a multivitamin. If you have a varied diet you should get enough vitamins.
During the winter I think Vitamin D intake should be increased unless you are outside every day.