Business & Investments post your stock picks!

Rob Lay

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not doing so great this month, I believe overall the market is way overpriced, but it still keeps going up.

I think TSLA is way overpriced, but tough stock to stomach being on the short side.

I was ready to pull trigger on stocks that were hammered by Covid, but I might be mostly late as many have already gone up 25% just on vaccine news.

I also wanted to get in on the hammered oil stocks, but have missed the boat on that too.

I'm pretty stuck right now what to do.

Rob Lay

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
pretty flat week although some volatility as markets work through election, Coronavirus, vaccine, and relief package.

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 11.11.38 AM.png

GOT

Reaction score
You could always try airline stocks, they gotta recover eventually.

Rob Lay

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
You could always try airline stocks, they gotta recover eventually.

yep, I'm in AAL and UAL right now, also Carnival Cruises.

GOT

Reaction score
I bought AAL pre covid and I've just sat on it waiting for it to come back.

I did buy apple about two months before it split. That worked out well lol.

Rob Lay

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
I bought AAL pre covid and I've just sat on it waiting for it to come back.

I did buy apple about two months before it split. That worked out well lol.

win some lose some, luckily I haven't been in it the entire rise, but I've lost shorting TSLA here and there.

I actually made a little shorting AAL and PTON, but now I flipped long AAL.

I think the only real values are as you said airlines and the such. They'll come back eventually. I also think COVID stocks like PTON will come back to earth. There are other reasons I don't like PTON either.

adam.ewing

Administrator
Reaction score
yep, I'm in AAL and UAL right now, also Carnival Cruises.

Those are the same 3 travel stocks I bought back in March. Up 100% on UAL, only up 20-25% on AAL and CCL but hopeful those will start to go up more once vaccines go out.

Rob Lay

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
Those are the same 3 travel stocks I bought back in March. Up 100% on UAL, only up 20-25% on AAL and CCL but hopeful those will start to go up more once vaccines go out.

killer and they will go much higher!

RexTX

Reaction score
At my age I'm mostly an income investor, so dividend stocks is where I'm mostly at. But I do keep a decent account devoted to capital gains and speculation.

I'm long and deep on TSLA. It's already made me enough to buy two Teslas. I think there is still lots of upside.

I've been in and out of Apple, just bought back in. They have Billions in cash. They have to do something with it. It's also due for a split.

OKE has been great since last summer, and also pays a big 8.74% dividend. Still has room to run.

I've bought Ford stock several times, lost money each time. I'm back in. Hope springs eternal etc.

Just bought SCHW (Charles Schwab) on speculation.

I'm holding back a lot now in cash, because we are due for a correction.

But right now today, my spare change is going to crypto. Paypal has made it dead simple to own cryptos. My account has tripled since December 1. It's a nice contrarian position against market volatility and government excesses of all kinds.

Last edited:

Rob Lay

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm holding back a lot now in cash, because we are due for a correction.

I agree, I'm just losing patience, I've been waiting for the correction a couple years. :D

RexTX

Reaction score
Me too. Still buying and selling about every week though. Fidelity thinks I'm an "active trader".
I have my stop-losses set pretty tight though.

RexTX

Reaction score
I was ready to pull trigger on stocks that were hammered by Covid, but I might be mostly late as many have already gone up 25% just on vaccine news.

I bought some biotechs in January when I heard about the (then local) Chinese virus. Did ok on them but bailed too soon. Would have done better buying TP :)