Grilling & Cooking Prime Rib on the Big Green Egg

Rob Lay

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
That looks tasty. What was your cooking method ?

so I was rushed, but liked the results better than past ones.

temp on the Big Green Egg higher than usual at 350, only took about 100 minutes for 4 pounds to hit 115 internal.

rub was my KC style with brown sugar (what makes the Del Frisco Grille old Prime Rib so good), garlic, onion powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, pepper, and paprika.

digman1

Reaction score
I am such a bad griller, that I now only do the reverse sear method with all our steaks. Cook steak at 275 until the internal temp gets to 125. Remove from oven, and cover with foil for a full 10 minutes of resting. After heating a cast iron pan to a high temp, sear both sides of the steak for 1-1.5 minutes per side. Comes out nice and pink all the way through, not grey to red like my old attempts.

Now I need a foolproof way to cook burgers as well.

Rob Lay

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
I am such a bad griller, that I now only do the reverse sear method with all our steaks. Cook steak at 275 until the internal temp gets to 125. Remove from oven, and cover with foil for a full 10 minutes of resting. After heating a cast iron pan to a high temp, sear both sides of the steak for 1-1.5 minutes per side. Comes out nice and pink all the way through, not grey to red like my old attempts.

Now I need a foolproof way to cook burgers as well.
Even the Big Green Egg masters do the reverse sear, I've never done it, but it is how I like the steaks with outside crisp and rare inside.

The color of my meat is good, Jennie use to sous vide and I couldn't get over the grey. :(