Grilling & Cooking what kind of grill do you use?

Rob Lay

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
post up what grill you're using.

Rob Lay

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
I've become a fan of the Big Green Egg the last several years. I've never been a cook, but have enjoyed learning on the Big Green Egg. I have a Large and just got a Mini-max that I can travel with. Some things I've prepared...
  • Ribs
  • Brisket
  • Prime Rib
  • Steak
  • Burgers
  • Links
  • Breakfast Sausage
  • Jalapeno "Poppers"
  • Shish Kabobs
  • Lobster
  • Shrimp
  • Scallops
  • Octopus
  • Veggies - Brussel Sprouts, Lettuce, Asparagus...
C3EA9E4C-82E6-4AC3-B1E2-FB7B1AD33E22.jpeg 52F454C7-C0B3-4B5F-BE4C-68E23599E8AE.jpeg E6B4185C-E31B-4EEC-BD3D-34768AB3603B.jpeg 2CCC10CC-8C50-4918-B2ED-044FE0F9CFF7_1_201_a.jpeg

Rob Lay

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
House built in the '60's ... Sports a buit-in red brick gas fed BBQ fire pit. Can't complain.

wow, that sounds pretty cool, great for pizza?

GatorFL

Reaction score
Another BGE fan. I grill everything on it. There are better smokers out there though.

XLNLIFE33

Reaction score
I use the JEN AIR Natural Gas BBQ. Also....this one and I am sure that many others are also FDA regulated in that they must give you free grates, burners, and flame tamers for life. 8+ years and counting Check with your BBQ company and their policy

Attachments

• CAMERA ROLL 184.JPG
    CAMERA ROLL 184.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 0
  • CAMERA ROLL 185.JPG
    CAMERA ROLL 185.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2941.JPG
    IMG_2941.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4204.JPG
    IMG_4204.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 0
  • JULY 4TH BBQ.jpg
    JULY 4TH BBQ.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 0
  • JULY 4TH TRI TIPS.jpg
    JULY 4TH TRI TIPS.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 0

ace876

Reaction score
Char-Broil Big Easy Smoker-Roaster-Grill. It doesn't do any of the three particularly well but it does all three and that's plenty for college!

Rob Lay

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Char-Broil Big Easy Smoker-Roaster-Grill. It doesn't do any of the three particularly well but it does all three and that's plenty for college!

nice! post some grill food pics.

J3L2404

Reaction score
I have a Weber Spirit E210 and a Twok. I had an egg style unit, but I never used it and killed it while moving it. GF and I aren't lovers of slow cooking, so no big deal.

The E210 is a cheap little unit, but it is perfect for us, and it does an excellent job. It is probably the best grill I have used. I had a something or other grill before that and it did okay. This one is outstanding; far far far better than the old one. I hate pork chops with a passion, but my gf loves them. I tried them on the grill and they were excellent. I ate the whole thing with a glimmer of gluttony in my eyes. I also use it for bacon. Line a broiling pan (use BOTH top and bottom) and cook away. It makes perfect bacon every single time. If I have one on hand, a single use aluminum pan works, too. Broiler pan because normal cooking sheets will flex back to normal when you take it off the grill. Use the drip pan because grease fires are not fun.

The Twok is a disc grill/outdoor wok/cowboy wok. Essentially a section cut out of a shipping tanker, pressed into round, and set on top of a giant burner. It is perfect for cooking Mexican or Chinese food. It gets blazing hot instantly and is easy to make perfect veg and meat for taco stuffings. As a traditional wok for cooking Chinese, it is excellent. The last time I cooked Chinese on it, I made half the neighborhood think they were in China. I love fried rice like nothing else, and it's easy to make it perfectly with this thing. I like my veg cooked but crisp, and the rice light and not oily. I haven't cooked steaks on it, though.

Rob Lay

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
very nice! yes the egg is imperfect and slow, it seems to be more about having fun with the process and not a quick good result. :D as a non-cooker I'm enjoying the learning curve though.

2NA

Reaction score
20201004_155212[1].jpg
I cook outdoors several times a week, year round, even in the dead of Winter. I started out around 1980 with a Weber kettle and Kingsford charcoal. For the last 15 years, I've used a Weber gas grill (I've rebuilt it twice). I'm embarking on a new cooking paradigm today. I just bought a Memphis Beale Street pellet grill. I'm looking forward to the Wifi control. I can cook without going outside in the Winter to check on progress.

Rob Lay

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a WiFi control for the Big Green Egg, just haven't had time to install it yet.

Rob Lay

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What would it control? The Egg is a charcoal grill right?

pretty cool, places electric fan over the bottom air vent. set the temp for auto and also monitor remotely, it turns the fan on as temps drop.

4re308

Reaction score
Website
www.automotiveworldrecords.com
I'm in the market for a BGE or a Kamado Joe. I grew up with normal charcoal grills and consider myself a hell of a good grill cook. Love doing Low Country Boils at our South Carolina Beach houses in Edisto Island.